Taking Your Animations from Amateur to Professional in
n this series of lessons, we will learn how to take a pretty good motion graphics animation and make it an amazing one. This tutorial takes a little bit of a different approach than the way that we normally go about creating something together. We will have an animation that has already been made and go over what is wrong with it or what could be made better. We then start making those changes and refine the animation.
This course is perfect for you if you are wanting to create your demo reel but you know that you have a few pieces that need a little polish before you’re ready to show them off. By the end of this training, you will have learned how to take any mediocre motion graphic pieces that you have made, apply the principles that you learn in this course, and make the animation stand out from the crowd.
1. Introduction and project overview – 00:49
2. Using masks to refine a text write-on effects – 13:42
3. Avoiding predictable animations by correcting twinning – 13:49
4. Fixing twinning in other areas of the animation – 10:21
5. Avoiding all linear keyframes by creating contrast in motion – 11:12
6. Putting the principle of follow through into action – 17:15
7. Adding recoil to the falling parts of our animation – 15:12
8. Adding anticipation to the line and the text – 06:35
9. Using lens effects and scale to take the animation from flat to polished – 11:16